- Educational initiatives like opening more schools under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan needs to be implemented in earnest in minority concentrated districts. Additional steps should be taken to ensure access to schools by eliminating socio-economic constraints
- Further reduction in representation of Muslims in police force is a concern as this leads to a communal bias in the force as has been indicated many a times to arrest of innocent Muslims in various cases.
- More skill development programmes like USTTAD and HIMAYAT should be started with focus on minorities
- Social organizations of Muslims should be strengthened and further encouraged to take reform measures as reforms from within are more durable and sustainable
- Systemic bias against Muslims should be removed by an intensive sensitization campaign among public servants as well as general public
Any country aspiring to emerge as a global power cannot attain the desired status if one of its limbs is underdeveloped. Underdevelopment leads to resentment and alienation in the community and can be a fertile ground for anti-social activities. Robustly designed and earnestly implemented multi-pronged strategy should be followed to ensure their overall development.