- However, currently there is no uniform national way of determining minorities due to the following issues:
- Non-Uniform distribution of communities across India, creates a conflicting situation in declaring X community a religious minority nationally, which in certain state could infact be a majority.
- Constant migration of citizens disturbs demography. Changing the structure of religious or linguistic community now & then. hence, no constant policy can be adhered to.
- With over 1500 regional languages designation of linguistic minorities becomes cumbersome.
- Having a rigid minority group will be detrimental to society as a whole for a population boom in one group will significantly change demography.
The possible solution could be rather determine the minority status with respect to source and territorial application of legislation as pointed out in TMA Pai Case by Honourable Supreme Court of India.