Prime Minister’s 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities
- Government of India has formulated the “Prime Minister’s New 15-Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities”.
- An important objective of the Programme is to ensure that an appropriate percentage of the priority sector lending is targeted for the minority communities and that the benefits of various government sponsored schemes reach the under-privileged, which includes the disadvantaged sections of the minority communities.
- The Programme is being implemented by the Central Ministries/Departments concerned through State Governments/Union Territories and envisages location of certain proportion of development projects in minority concentration districts.
- Scholarship Schemes
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF)
- Padho Pardesh – Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies for the Students Belonging to the Minority Communities
- Naya Savera – Free Coaching and Allied Scheme
- Nai Udaan – Support for Students for preparation of Main Examination who clear Prelims conducted by UPSC/SSC, State Public Service Commission (PSC) etc.
- Skill Development
- Seekho aur Kamao (Learn & Earn)
- USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development)
- Nai Manzil
- Concessional credit through National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
- Nai Roshni – The Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Hamari Dharohar
- Jiyo Parsi – Scheme for Containing Population Decline of Parsis in India
- Waqf Management
- Qaumi Waqf Board Taraqqiati Scheme ( Scheme of Computerization of Records and Strengthening of State Waqf Boards)
- Shahari Waqf Sampatti VIkas Yojana ( Scheme for Grants-in-Aid to Waqf – Development of Urban Waqf Properties)
- Reasearch/ Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Scheme Including Publicity
Support to Institutions
- Corpus Fund to Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF)
- Equity to National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Grant in Aid Scheme to State Channelising Agencies of National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation