- The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012 address the crimes of sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children through stringent legal provisions.
- Online complaint management system for easy and direct reporting of sexual offences against children and timely action against offenders.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) ensure that all Laws, Policies and Programmes are in consonance with the Child Rights perspective as enshrined in the Constitution of India and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Integrated Child Protection Scheme
- Aimed at building a protective environment for children in difficult circumstances through Government-Civil Society Partnership.
- Operation Smile also called as Operation MUSKAAN is an initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to rescue/rehabilitate missing children.
- Right to Education (RTE) Act.
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme