- Internet of things is an integrated system in which devices are connected in a network of information in such a way that they can communicate with each other without any human intervention.
- It creates an intelligent system of systems which can manage multiple activities of human concern like traffic control, health management, optimal use of electricity and inventory management etc.
- IoT requires data to work. This data is then turned into meaningful information for processing. Accessibility to data is indispensable for the working of IoT and this is being facilitated by digitization.
- Digitization is a process which interconnects the world into an integrated network enabling sharing of data and information across systems. Thus, IoT connects devices but this connectivity is provided by digitization of information. In brief, digitization is an enabler of IoT.
HOW DIGITIZATION WILL HELP IoT :
- Data provision – Internet of things bringing the physical, digital, cyber and virtual worlds together requires extensive information processing capabilities provided by digitization.
- Connectivity – With complete and proper digitization more and more people will be connected with the internet that make people aware about the internet of things and its uses.
- Digitization is increasing in India under the Digital India mission and the market of IoT too is growing day by day. Both are useful in the following ways –
- Standardize the economy- usage of them would modernize our business practices, banking structure and trade market. They develop a hedge against adversity and soothe the process of a landmark transformation.
- Easier mode of payment – Anyone can make transactions very easily without any physical contact between consumer and producer.
- Reduce tax theft – By promoting digitization one cannot hide its expenditure and gain so that will come under the eye of the government.
- Facilitating and enabling the environment- IoT would ease the process of work by managing areas like insurance, bills, regulation of energy usages, loan installment and other periodical liabilities. It would save man hours and would increase their economic productivity ultimately boosting the growth of Indian economy.
- Easier lives – Example : Healthcare system- better tracking of cholesterol level, blood pressure level and sugar level would enable early tracking of health changes and would make India a country of healthy people with reduced health expenditures.
CHALLENGES OF IOT
1.Lack of easy and cheaper access to smartphones
2.Cyber frauds and cyber crimes
4.large amount of data can be tracked for surveillance and also for intrusion into personal matters
6.Use by non state actors to create security threat
7.Bing MNC companies has more access to resources and thus can bare inequality