Home » Science & Technology » Biotechnology » Applications of Biotechnology in various fields » Application of Biotechnology in Environment
- Biotechnology can be used to tackle environmental issues like deforestation and air pollution
- Biotechnology can help in finding out the level of Particulate Matter 2.5 in the air
- Biotechnology is already providing a clean and renewable alternative to traditional fossil fuels, the burning of which contributes to global warming.
- The benefit of environmental biotechnology helps us to avoid the use of hazardous pollutants and wastes that affect the natural resources and the environment.
- Biosensors, which combine a biological component (such as an enzyme) with various electronic components to trigger a circuit when a particular type of chemical is detected. Biosensors are capable of detecting extremely low levels of proteins, hormones, pollutants, gases, and other molecules.