- The Rathors or Gahawars ruled over Kanauj for more than a century (1090 -1194 CE.)
- The founder of this dynasty was Chandradeva. His kingdom included Banaras, Ayodhya and Kanauj.
- Govindachandra, grandson of Chandradeva, enjoyed long reign (1112 – 1155 CE)
and succeeded in restoring the glory of the Kanauj kingdom.
- He was succeeded by Vijayachandra. He drove out Amir Kushro from Lahore.
- The last great ruler of this dynasty was Jaichandra well known in popular legend as Raja Jaichand(1170-1194).