Home » Economy » Inclusive growth and issues arising from it » Recent actions taken to usher inclusive growth in the economy in the below domains » Balanced regional growth
- ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ initiative aims to remove this heterogeneity through a mass movement to quickly and effectively transform these districts. The 115 districts were identified from 28 states, at least one from each state, in a transparent manner.
- Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: meant to provide for the welfare of areas and people affected by mining related operations.
- One district one product Scheme: giving a major push to traditional industries synonymous with the respective districts of the state. The objective of the ODOP is to optimise production, productivity and income, preservation and development of local crafts, promotion of art, improvement in product quality and skill development.
- The Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF)is a Programme implemented in 272 identified backward districts in all States of the country to redress regional imbalances in development.
- North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIPP 2007)for Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura;
- Finance Commissionin the form of non-plan transfers. Since 1969 a Special Category status was introduced which was in operation till 13th Finance commission to provide greater percentage of grants to such states from Centre.
- The large weight given to “Income Distance”by 14th Finance commission is an important step towards plugging the gaps in per-capita income between states.