NASA’s PREFIRE mission

Facts for Prelims (FFP)   Source: Space  Context: Polar Radiant Energy in the Far-InfraRed Experiment (PREFIRE) polar mission is set to unlock the mysteries of Earth’s poles by capturing new data on heat emissions. Consisting of a pair of CubeSats, PREFIRE will measure far-infrared radiation, shedding light on how different polar properties contribute to heat dissipation.  

Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs)

Facts for Prelims (FFP)   Source: BS  Context: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised supervisory concerns regarding the functioning of asset reconstruction companies (ARCs).   What are ARCs? Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) are financial institutions that acquire and manage stressed assets from banks and financial institutions. Registered under Section 3 of the SARFAESI …

Use of State-Funded Media During Polls

Facts for Prelims (FFP)   Source: IE  Context: Recent incidents involving Sitaram Yechury and G Devarajan, where changes were made to their speeches aired on Doordarshan and AIR, have sparked controversy   About the use of state-funded media during polls:

NCBC recommends increasing the Reservation Quota for OBCs

Facts for Prelims (FFP)   Source: TH  Context: The National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) has recommended increasing the reservation quota for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in public employment in Punjab and West Bengal. Currently, Punjab allocates 25% of public employment positions to Scheduled Castes and 12% to OBCs, totalling 37% reservation. The NCBC has …

Muria Tribe

Facts for Prelims (FFP)   Source: TH  Context: Muria tribal farmer practices the traditional ‘deda’ seed preservation method, handed down by his ancestors. This eco-friendly technique involves storing seeds in leaves, packed nearly airtight to resemble boulders, providing multi-layer protection from pests and worms. Each ‘deda’ supports up to 5kg of seeds and can preserve …

Earth’s Magnetic Field

Facts for Prelims (FFP)   Source: Smithsonian   Context: About 600 million years ago, Earth’s magnetic field weakened significantly, allowing more solar radiation to reach the planet.   Impact: The weakening magnetic field exposed the atmosphere to solar radiation, releasing free oxygen atoms that facilitated the emergence of early life forms. It coincided with the …

Manthan (film)

Content for Mains Enrichment (CME)   Source: BBC  Context: In the mid-1970s, half a million dairy farmers in Gujarat contributed two rupees each to fund “Manthan,” India’s first crowd-funded film, directed by Shyam Benegal. This 1976 film depicts the rise of a dairy cooperative movement inspired by Verghese Kurien, transforming India into the world’s top …

Use of AI for Drug Discovery and Development

GS Paper 3  Syllabus: Application of Technology   Source: TH   Context: AI is transforming drug development by accelerating target discovery and predicting drug-target interactions.    Examples of New Drugs Formulated through AI: DSP-1181:For obsessive-compulsive disorder. Halicin:For antibiotic resistance BMS-986195: A potential treatment for fibrosis.       Role of AI in Drug Development and Discovery: …

[Last day to avail 15% discount] Revamped IPM (Integrated Prelims-cum-Mains) Test Series for UPSC CSE IAS Exam 2025 | Starts on 27th May 2024

    Starts on: 27th May 2024 CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO IPM TEST SERIES for UPSC CSE 2025  CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE TIMETABLE  Special Early Bird Offer: 15% OFF, valid till 20th May 2024 (Only for IPM 1.0) 10% OFF, valid till 28th May 2024 Old Subscriber Offer: 15% OFF       …

UPSC Current Affairs Quiz : 20 May 2024

Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New Join our Twitter Channel HERE  Follow our Instagram Channel HERE Follow us on LinkedIn : HERE

UPSC Editorials Quiz : 20 May 2024

  Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New Join our Twitter Channel HERE  Follow our Instagram Channel HERE Follow us on LinkedIn : HERE

UPSC Mains Answer Writing Practice – Insights SECURE : 20 May 2024

Click on EACH question to post/upload you answers. How to Follow Secure Initiative? How to Self-evaluate your answer?  MISSION – 2023: YEARLONG TIMETABLE Join IPM 4.0 to get an assured review of 2 secure answers everyday   General Studies – 1   Topic: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture …