Facts for Prelims (FFP)
Context: Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare is set to inaugurate an all-India pension adalat aimed at resolving chronic pension cases.
- Status: The initiative was started in 2017 and has organized seven all-India pension adalats so far (the current one is the 8th Adalat).
- Benefits: The adalat brings together all stakeholders involved in a grievance on a common platform to ensure speedy resolution and timely pension processing.
- Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare has decided to integrate various portals, including pension disbursing bank portals, ANUBHAV, CPENGRAMS, and CGHS, with the newly created “iIntegrated pensioners’ portal” (ipension.nic.in)
- Bhavishya portal (to access pension slip, check the status of life certificate submission, and obtain Form-16)
- SANKALP (It is a project to channelize the skill, experience and time available with Central Government Pensioners into meaningful social intervention)