UPSC CSE Prelims 2023 is just 102 days away! Time flies, and before you know it, the dawn of 28th May 2023 will have arrived. But don’t worry, Insights IAS has got you covered with our FREE Insta 75 Days Revision Plan for UPSC Prelims 2023, starting on 14th March 2023!
What are the features of the plan?
- It is FREE!
- Comprehensive coverage of the Prelims syllabus with multiple revisions.
- Subjects will be covered in a methodical manner: Sources and micro-topics to be studied will be provided in the timetable
- Underscores the importance of REVISION & REPETITION: You will be revising each subject/material THRICE!
- It will help you prepare with a clear goal in mind and have clarity regarding what to cover and how to cover it in a step-by-step method.
- You will not get overwhelmed with the vast syllabus.
- You will solve full-length Prelims Tests and a mini 25 GS+ 5 CSAT question test everyday!
- In addition, you will also study for CSAT every single day!
- Small targets and solving tests everyday will help you stay consistent
- You will be covering: the NCERTs, standard books, Insta Revision Modules for each subject, monthly compilations of Current Affairs and our quizzes(CA, Static,RTM,QUED),Test series and PYQs of the last 22 years!
- Science & Tech
- Environment and Ecology
- Government Schemes, Organisations & International Relations
- Ancient & Medieval India
- Art & Culture
- Modern India
- Current Affairs from June 2022 till April 2023(three revisions) and 1 reading of May 2023 if possible
- Insta Revision Modules for each subject
- Insights IAS Monthly Quiz compilations(CA, Static,QUED,RTM) from January 2022 till April 2023(3 Revisions) and 1 reading of May 2023 if possible
- Full-length Prelims Tests: Text-book Based and Subject-Wise Prelims Test Series
How does the plan work?
- You will be expected to cover the GS & CSAT portions each day
- Then you will have to revise a full-length prelims test on that particular subject the same day (Subjectwise & Textbook tests mentioned)
- You will be given ‘n’ number of days(mentioned in the timetable) to complete the first reading of the Insta Revision module of a particular subject and 1 day to revise it.
- Simultaneously, you will also be expected to cover the monthly compilations of current affairs(from June 2022-May 2023) and our various quizzes.
- Then, at sharp 8 pm we will post a test on our website every single day from 14th It will consist of 25 GS questions and 5 CSAT Questions, based on the syllabus given for the day.
- We will provide MITRA Sheets for you to conduct a self-assessment each day by noting down your mistakes and learnings.
ROADMAP for PRELIMS 2023:
- The first revision will be completed by the 43rd Day i.e., 25th April. You would have completed 1 reading of:
- The standard books of the above subjects
- Insta Revision Modules for Prelims(Subject-Wise)
- Prelims Test Series
- Quiz Compilations of Insights IAS: CA Quiz, Static Quiz, RTM Quiz, QUED
- Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- The second revision will begin on 26th April
- The third revision will begin on 18th May i.e., Day 66
- Solving of Previous Years’ Question Papers of the last 22 years for GS will begin on 6th May i.e., Day 54. We will start with the PYQ Paper of 2001.
- For CSAT, it will begin on 16th May with the 2011 Paper
How will this plan help you?
- Consistency and Self-Discipline: You will get structure and a holistic timetable which will help you maintain consistency in these crucial months
- Hone your skills: By solving tests each day, you will be able to identify your weaknesses and improve your MCQ solving skills. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!
- Time-Management: Solving the Prelims paper within 2 hours requires one to manage their time effectively. Solving the tests each day will help you improve your time-management skills
- Routine: Will help you establish a study routine which will keep you productive for the next 3 months.
- Supportive Peer Group: Interacting with our mentors and your peers on our website’s comment section will ensure that you do not feel alone during this journey. Ask your doubts, seek support and learn from others too!
- Self-Assessment: with MITRA Sheets
Will you ACTUALLY be able to cover all the resources mentioned in the Plan?
- Yes! If you have been consistent in the past few months and are committed to giving it your all now, you have a high chance of meeting the targets.
- However, even if you’re only able to cover 70-80% of the target, that’s still a great achievement. Keep pushing yourself and stay motivated!
- Also, you need to do smart work. Introspect and discover what your weaknesses and strengths are, then invest more time in areas where you need to improve.
Things to avoid in the next 3 months:
- “I-can’t-do-it” Attitude: Stop under-estimating your abilities and yourself. YOU CAN DO IT! As Nike says, “Just Do It!”
- Worrying about the future: Do not waste time in worrying about the future! It is uncertain! Focus on what you can control: your efforts! Do not fret about the outcomes!
- Comparing yourself to others: Focus on improving yourself!
- Negative people or those who doubt you
- Procrastination: Do not delay! Time flies!
- Becoming a collector of material from bookshops and telegram channels
- Fear of Prelims/CSAT: Fear is what you feel, BRAVE is what you DO! Be brave and take action each day to counter the fear!
You must have heard that quote: HARDWORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOES NOT WORK HARD!
“It’s not all about talent. It’s about dependability, consistency, and being able to improve. If you work hard and you’re coachable, and you understand what you need to do, you can improve.”- Bill Belichick
Do not wait for external motivation or inspiration. It does not last. Instead, start building a habit of studying and taking tests in a consistent manner.
“First forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won’t. Habit is persistence in practice.”
― Octavia Butler
So, make up your mind NOW and promise yourself that you will give it your ALL for the next 3 months. Do it for yourself. You have waited patiently, worked hard for all these months/years. Do not miss this opportunity. Grab it, use the resources well and march forward towards your dream.
The choice is YOURS: Pain of discipline or Pain of regret? CHOOSE WISELY!
Until next time!
DOWNLOAD THE INSTA 75 DAYS REVISION TIMETABLE(GS) HERE
DOWNLOAD THE INSTA 75 DAYS REVISION TIMETABLE(CSAT) HERE
WATCH VINAY SIR’S SESSION ON HOW TO PREPARE FOR PRELIMS HERE