We hope those of you who took the UPSC CSE Mains 2022 exam did your best. You have only one more hurdle to clear before your name appears on the Final List. The nicest part of the exam is now, when you finally get to test your personality, which has improved and matured as a result of the arduous testing process. And if you face this final test confidently while remembering certain fundamentals, you will graduate from an “ordinary” person to a civil servant – that position which lets you serve the remotest corner of the country and reach the last person in the society.
Those who are going to face UPSC civil services personality test must compulsorily read and internalise the instruction/directive given by UPSC itself in its annual exam notification about the Interview Stage:
- The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his/her career. He/she will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his/her intellectual qualities but also social traits and his/her interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, a balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialised or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers. Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own state or country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should arouse the curiosity of well-educated youth.
The words in the sentences above that are highlighted require close attention. Then, evaluate whether you yourself exhibit these traits. In the event that you don’t already have these qualities, you must next ask yourself if you have the time and patience to develop them quickly.
If you already have these qualities (or the expectations of the interview board), you must not fear this experience. At the same time you must not be overconfident about this.
In any case it is not advisable to present your raw self to the board without evaluating yourself.
Though it is true that one must present themselves as honestly as possible, it’s always not in one’s interest to face such a crucial moment without adequate preparation so as to present themselves as someone who meets standards expected by the interview board.
We at InsightsIAS groom you up for the Interview round based on your strengths and weaknesses. The Interview Guidance program is driven by Vinay Sir, the founder and Director of InsightsIAS. He excels in giving right and honest guidance to aspirants who have faith in him. His ability to mentor students without complicating the process is what differentiates him from a myriad options available to an aspirant today.
Starting with his experience of scoring 210 in his own UPSC interview and then guiding many to score 200+ (starting with Nitish K in CSE-2014 who scored 206), he has been successfully guiding students to increase their Interview marks drastically from 130s to 190+.
Highlights of the Interview Guidance Program are:
- one-on-one interviews in Bangalore and Delhi centres by Vinay Sir
- one-on-one interviews/ sessions via Skype [ for online students ]
- General Guidance sessions both Online (LIVE) and Offline
- Peer discussions on Important topics
Watch the Orientation Session of Interview Guidance Program 2022 Here:
One-on-One Mock Interviews with Vinay sir Begins from 31st Oct. 2022
Students who have written CSE MAINS 2022 and are satisfied with their performance are advised to start their preparation for the interview immediately.
Steps to Book the Slots for Mock Interviews:(All steps are mandatory for you to book the slots)
2. Register to the course Portal- instacourses.insightsonindia.com
(This step is needed for us to activate the Interview Guidance Program 2022 Course in our course portal. Ignore if you have already registered.)
3. We will be activating the Interview Guidance Program once Step 1 & 2 are completed.
4. You will also receive a telegram group link for Interview Guidance Program via mail after the course is activated. Students are to join the telegram group.
5. Information about the availability of Vinay sir in Bengaluru or Delhi Centres as well as steps to books slots will be informed in the Telegram group.
6. Accordingly students can book online or offline slots.
For any queries contact,
mail : email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: 08069405205 (toll free)
- Follow us on our Official TELEGRAM Channel HERE
- Subscribe to Our Official YouTube Channel HERE
- Our Official Facebook Page HERE
- Follow us on Twitter HERE
- Follow our Instagram ID HERE
- Subscribe to Our Podcast Channel HERE