Hello Dear Students!
We have great news FINALLY! We have been constantly flooded with calls, messages, and emails for this FREE initiative- Insights IAS MISSION 2023.
What is MISSION-2023?
It is a plan that combines all three stages of the exam: prelims, mains & interview! Therefore, it will empower you to face each stage of the exam with the requisite skills (which you’ll be developing over the course of this plan) & confidence to ace each stage.
Every aspirant wishes to clear this exam in their first few attempts, but it is not always easy. Success in the UPSC civil services exam depends on several factors, which can be grouped under four categories: Skills, Abilities, Emotions and Attitude.
- UPDATE THE SKILLS NEEDED FOR CSE: like solving MCQs, writing answers, writing essays, presentation of answers in General Studies and Optional papers, retention of vast amounts of information in a structured way and effective communication skills(to do well in the Personality Test).
- DEVELOP YOUR ABILITIES: such as working hard under pressure, enduring the long process without exhaustion, staying disciplined and updated on a regular basis, self-control with respect to distractions, running after multiple strategies or sources; sticking to a plan, and ability to talk about any issue with precision and relevance.
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: You should cultivate the quality of equanimity: BE BALANCED. Don’t get frustrated, scared, anxious or angry because something is not going in your favour. Don’t be too elated by successes. Develop an attitude of detachment with the outcomes. Focus on the goal, enjoy the process.
- ATTITUDE: Collectively, skills, abilities and emotions play a critical role in shaping one’s attitude. Your attitude for this exam decides the outcome. Be ambitious, but also ensure that you’re driven by a clear strategy and rooted in humility. Confidence must be your constant companion. Confidence is proportional to incremental improvements in the qualities mentioned above. Develop & sustain the right attitude in order to succeed in the civil services exam and life.
Unfortunately very few can improve in all the above aspects on their own. You need a strategy or a long term plan to improve your skills and abilities. You may need a mentor or a guide to help you. With sincere efforts you can transform yourself into a better person so that you will not only score good marks in Prelims and Mains stages, but also score well in the interview stage.
In order to improve, you must start with ambitious yet achievable targets. The Mission-2023 plan will give such targets and help you to stay focused on your goal.
The InsightsIAS Mission-2023 Plan has three ambitious targets for you:
- Prelims Mission 110
- Mains Mission 850+
- Interview Mission 190+
These targets connote the marks that you must strive to score in each stage of UPSC civil services exam. But the road ahead to achieve these targets is not going to be easy. This requires immense dedication, discipline, determination, hard work, perseverance and faith. We will try to ensure this from our side by not only giving you a plan but also by engaging with you through regular interactions and motivational posts.
This Plan integrates all the three stages of the exam to ensure your overall development.
- Prelims Mission 110 : You must aim to score 110+ in Paper-1 of UPSC civil services Prelims exam. And 90+ in CSAT paper (though the qualifying Marks is 67+).This is to ensure that you don’t waste even a day after Prelims & preparing for Mains.
- Prelims 2022 has illustrated the importance of solving quizzes posted on our website- many questions were directly from our content. Check here & here. Everyday you will be solving our Static, CA, QUED, RTM quizzes and DART CSAT quiz.
But how? To achieve 110+ in Paper-1 and 90+ in Paper-2, you must do the following:
- Strong foundation of basic knowledge guided by the syllabus
This will be achieved by completing Mission- 2023 Daily Targets. Every day you will be given a fixed syllabus to complete. On that syllabus we will be posting both MCQs and Mains questions (as part of Secure-2023). You must read the related texts, especially NCERT books and then give these daily quizzes. At the same time you should analyse and revise these quizzes on a daily basis to ensure maximum retention.
Those who have a strong foundation of static parts – conceptual clarity, retention of key facts & examples, ability to relate static with current issues will be able to score good marks in Paper-1 of Prelims exam.
- Solve questions on a daily and weekly basis
Coupled with the above, you must enroll in a test series and ensure that weekly revision of daily targets is done and a test is given. If not a test series, you can buy question banks and solve questions on related topics. Practicing tests from the very beginning will give you the opportunity to make many mistakes and learn from them. Never keep tests pending till the end.
Solving MCQs on a regular basis helps you get better at intelligent guessing and elimination skills. Our Daily initiative of Static Quiz must be solved every day as part of this plan. The questions under Static Quiz will be based on the topics given in the Timetable we are giving you.
- Current Affairs from One Source and through MCQs and Secure
On our website we post so much current affairs. If you can read our Daily CA and solve Daily CA Quizzes, you don’t have to go for another source. Every aspect of CA is covered through all our initiatives. From Mains perspective we have Secure and Editorials too. Add to this the New Initiative of QUED (Questions from Editorial) MCQs & Weekly CA Magazine. It’s only out of insecurity that most aspirants go for multiple sources and end up revising none.
The smartest thing you should do is to simplify the exam preparation by sticking to one source and revise it multiple times. Helps build strong pictorial memory of facts and concepts thereby helping you in quick recollection of answers in the exam hall.
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly revision
Without revising what you are studying you cannot clear this exam. You may enrich yourself with new knowledge on a daily basis, but without consolidating the knowledge you have gained, retention becomes difficult. Therefore, the Mission-2023 will include Daily and weekly and monthly revision routine embedded in the plan. All you need to do is to impose your faith in the plan and try to be as punctual as possible. You cannot always follow it. If there is a gap of a few days, don’t worry. Start again. But never give up.
Mains Mission 850+
If you want a Rank in Top 100, you must score 850+ in Mains.
To achieve such marks, what is required is consistent writing practice from Day-1 and Week-1.
The knowledge you gain through studying textbooks and websites must be tested regularly. Learning to apply your knowledge in all the Prelims and Mains papers simultaneously will prepare you to any uncertainty that might come in your way.
As part of Mission-2023, the Secure Initiative will have static questions that will be based on the topics given under the timetable.
Every day you need to write 1-2 Optional answers and 1-2 Secure answers. The number of answers which you should write will gradually increase every 15-30 days. For example, after 2 months you will be asked to write 3-4 Secure answers and 3-4 Optional answers.
On Sundays, you can revise all the weekly targets which you have met and in addition write an essay too. You will also be asked to solve prelims tests. Combined, this will take care of overall Mains preparation from Day-1. See the benefit of writing an essay every Sunday: AVINASH AIR 31 and an OGP 2021 Student was consistent in writing essays every week without fail and got a 147 in it, the 2nd highest marks(highest being 150).
To ensure that you are not alone in this, we will engage with you with Weekly Discussion Threads to resolve all your doubts. And there will be regular motivational posts to keep you on track.
If you find things hectic, don’t stop following this Plan, Instead tweak it to make it suitable for your routine. For example, write only 1 answer instead of 2. Or solve less MCQs. But ensure that there is continuity and gradual increase in what you are accomplishing on a day to day basis.
This is an ambitious plan that requires 10-12 hours of dedicated preparation every day. Remember the Targets. Getting 110+ in Prelims or 850+ in Mains is not easy in one attempt. This requires hard work. There is no shortcut. All you need to do is invest your time and faith in this plan.
Mission Interview 190+
One thing that is prominently missing in UPSC civil services exam preparation among most candidates is the importance given to for personality development. Especially with a clear aim of scoring good marks in Personality Test (Interview). It’s difficult to score 190+ in the interview stage if you are not focusing on it from Day-1.
One important aspect that helps candidates to score good Marks in Interview is to prepare a strong Detailed Application Form (DAF) – to help the interview panel to ask you questions from diverse areas.
In addition to your Place, Optional subject, academic background you must have more in your DAF to get thoughtful questions to engage the panel intellectually. This can happen only by having meaningful hobbies or interests upon which you have a strong grasp. Pursuing these hobbies at least 1-2 years before you give an interview will give required depth to answer tricky questions in a real interview.
Of course, in addition you must possess qualities of humility, confidence, respectfulness, intellectual integrity, assertiveness, conviction, clear logical exposition, presence of mind, good comprehension skills, great listening power etc. Most of these qualities are already part of your personality. By pursuing hobbies and interests regularly, and by following a plan like Mission-2023, most of these qualities can be further strengthened.
You can start pursuing hobbies like:
- Writing or blogging on socio-economic-cultural issues (not political)
- Writing on specific themes like Disruptive Technologies, climate Change, Pollution, Economic policies, Development, Women empowerment, Weaker sections, Disasters, Security issues etc
- Watching documentaries on diverse topics of current importance
- Teach related hobbies like Ethical hacking, Coding, Start-ups, etc
- Social entrepreneurship, social service, NGO activities (weekly basis)
- Travelling, Trekking, visiting temples and monuments etc
- Meditation, Yoga
For this we have included 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for you to pursue any hobby of your liking.
Pursuing hobbies helps you not only relax and de-stress, but also help develop a great personality. Helps your mental and physical health. All you need is discipline and self-motivation to pursue them regularly.
Why must you choose to follow it?
- It is Free: no subscription charges or fees, just an internet connection and your dedication & consistency.
- Inclusion of Interview related aspects is the novel feature that you will find in this Plan.
- Synced with the IPM idea of REVSION THROUGH MULTIPLE ROUNDS(Would be very beneficial if you’ll choose to join IPM Test series; JOIN HERE).
- In the first round from 15th June till December – the timetable is aligned with IPM. IPM Followers can follow the same and also participate in Insta Secure Review.
- Study and Revise subject-wise: every single day and weekly.
- Round 2 onwards Ethics is covered every Saturday. Thus, GS4 paper is given importance too.
- 75 Days prelims plan starts from 13th March,2023: Thus, you will be following those quizzes along with this plan as they are in sync.
- You will be consistent in your preparation & this plan ensures your holistic development.
- Our founder, Vinay Sir, will be interacting with you all on a monthly basis: motivating you’ll to follow the plan, and giving exemplary guidance that Sir is known for.
- Sessions with subject faculties: both before and after that subject is completed. They will guide you on the approach to be taken and resources to be followed.
- Our Team will always be available on the DISQUS platform for doubts clearance.
The InsightsIAS Mission – 2023 intends to give you a clear direction for the next one year as to what to do, what to follow and how to be consistent.
It is not easy to follow this plan. It requires extraordinary Will and dedication from your end. But we know that you are capable, you have the potential to achieve your goal. You want an AIR-1? Then work smart & persevere. It is a matter of just one year, that’s it. Be disciplined now. The pain of discipline is much better than the pain of regret. Grab this opportunity, make use of our resources and emerge victorious! You can and we know that you will! Comment below and tell us: are you ready to follow this plan & ace the exam?
Until next time!
Mission 2023 Starts from 15th June 2022.
Please note: As many of you had requested for Booklist earlier , we are hereby Providing a sample Booklist. Your selection of books may vary depending on your preference. However the listed books are widely recommended by toppers.
For any queries contact,
mail : firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Bangalore Office (Google Maps) : 7483163074 / 9380863034
Delhi Office (Google Maps) : 7303318519 / 011-49520205
Lucknow Office (Google Maps) : 7897954757
Hyderabad Office (Google Maps) : 8688512637
Srinagar Office(Google Maps) : +91 143560002
Faculty Telegram id : @KRTP12