Topics Covered: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
Global Survey of 143 economies on Digital Trade Facilitation:
United Nation’s Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific’s (UNESCAP) has released its latest Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation.
- It is done every two years and aims to review the progress of trade facilitation reforms in their respective member states.
- The survey has been carried out since 2015 jointly by the five United Nations Regional Commissions (UNRCs) — ECA, ECE, ECLAC, ESCAP and ESCWA.
- The 2021 survey includes an assessment of 58 trade facilitation measures covered by the WTO’s Trade Facilitation Agreement.
- India has scored 90.32 percent compared to the 78.49 percent in 2019.
- India’s scores on five key indicators: Transparency: 100%; Formalities: 95.83%; Institutional Arrangement and Cooperation: 88.89%; Paperless Trade: 96.3%; Cross-Border Paperless Trade: 66.67%.
- India’s overall score is higher than many OECD countries, EU region average.
- India is also the best performing country when compared to South and South West Asia region (63.12%) and Asia Pacific region (65.85%).
The Government of India has implemented various measures bringing technological intervention to bring transparency in the day to day administration. These include:
- AEBAS- Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance enables real time and flawless monitoring of employee attendance thereby ensuring punctuality among employee.
- e-Office aims to usher in more efficient, effective and transparent inter-government and intra-government transactions and processes. It enhances transparency, assure data security and data.
- GeM: Government e-Market (GeM) provided rich listing products for individual categories of Goods Services, transparent and ease of buying and user-friendly dash board for buying and monitoring supplies and payment.
Do you know what Complementary Currency is? Read Here
Do you know the exact difference between International Commerce and International Trade? Click here
- About the survey.
- Performance of India.
- Performance of other countries.
Discuss about the performance of India in the latest survey.