Topics Covered: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Centre extends ‘Stand Up India Scheme’ to 2025:
The Government of India has extended the duration of ‘Stand Up India Scheme’ up to the year 2025.
Performance of the scheme:
- Banks have sanctioned Rs 26,204 crore to about 1,16,266 beneficiaries under the Scheme in the last five years.
- The scheme has benefited more than 93,094 women entrepreneurs.
About the ‘Stand Up India Scheme’:
- Launched in 2016.
- It seeks to promote entrepreneurship at the grass-root level of economic empowerment and job creation.
- The offices of SIDBI and NABARD shall be designated Stand-Up Connect Centres (SUCC).
- Loans under the scheme are available for only Greenfield project.
The objective of the scheme is:
To facilitate loans from Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) of value between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 1 crore to atleast one SC or ST borrower and one woman borrower per bank branch for setting up green field enterprise in manufacturing, service or trading sector.
Do you know about Startup India Seed Fund Scheme? Reference: Click here
- Key features of the scheme.
Discuss the significance of the scheme.
Sources: the Hindu.