Topics Covered: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme:
Bhutan’s Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme launched in partnership with India.
- This programme is expected to be of about 24 months’ duration.
- The focus of the programme will be in the area of International Taxation and Transfer Pricing.
Benefits of the programme:
Through this India in collaboration with the UNDP and the TIWB Secretariat aims to aid Bhutan in strengthening its tax administration by transferring technical know-how and skills to its tax auditors, and through sharing of best audit practices.
About TIWB Programme:
- It is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- The objective of the TIWB Initiative is to enable sharing of tax audit knowledge and skills with tax administrations in developing countries through a targeted, real time “learning by doing” approach.
- TIWB is focused on promoting hands-on assistance by sending Experts to build audit and audit-related skills pertaining to specific international tax matters and the development of general audit skills within developing tax administrations.
Did you know about the Better Life Index developed by OECD? Read here,
- About TIWB Programme.
- Developed by?
Discuss the significance of the Programme.