Topics Covered: Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
DRDO’s Covid-19 antibody detection kit:
The Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS), a laboratory of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), has developed a Covid-19 antibody detection kit called ‘Dipcovan’.
- The Dipcovan kit can detect both spike as well as nucleocapsid (S&N) proteins of SARS-CoV-2 virus with a high sensitivity of 97 % and specificity of 99%.
- The kit has a shelf life of 18 months.
- It has been developed in association with Vanguard Diagnostics Pvt Ltd.
- The antibody detection kit is approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in April 2021.
- Antibody, also called immunoglobulin is a protective protein produced by the immune system in response to the presence of a foreign substance, called an antigen.
- Antibodies recognize and attack onto antigens in order to remove them from the body.
- Differentiate between- RT- PCR, Rapid antibody and rapid antigen tests.
- What are antibodies?
- What are antigens?
- How does the body’s immune system work?
- What are lymphocytes?
- Coronavirus that affects humans.
Write a note on rapid antigen tests.