Topics Covered: India and its neighbourhood- relations.
Project DANTAK completes 60 years in Bhutan.
About the project:
- Project DANTAK was established on April 24, 1961.
- DANTAK was tasked to construct the pioneering motorable roads in the Kingdom.
Notable projects executed by the project include:
The construction of Paro Airport, Yonphula Airfield, Thimphu – Trashigang Highway, Telecommunication & Hydro Power Infrastructure, Sherubtse College, Kanglung and India House Estate.
- Over the years, DANTAK has met the myriad infrastructure requirements in Bhutan in accordance with the vision of Their Majesties and the aspirations of the people in a symbiotic manner.
- The medical and education facilities established by DANTAK in far flung areas were often the first in those locations.
- The food outlets along the road introduced the Bhutanese to Indian delicacies and developed a sweet tooth in them.