Topics Covered: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Ministry of Tourism had recently organised webinar on “Khajuraho – Temples of Architectural Splendour” under Dekho Apna Desh.
- Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series is an effort to showcase India’s rich diversity under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
About Khajuraho Temples:
- Khajuraho Temples (in Madhya Pradesh) are among the most beautiful medieval monuments in the country.
- Built between 950-1050 AD by the Chandela Dynasty.
- The monuments include Hindu and Jain temples.
- The temple site is situated within Vindhya Mountain range.
- These Temples got the status of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites in 1986.
- The temples are famous for their Nagara-style architectural symbolism.
- Reported for the first time by Abu Rihan al Biruni in AD 1022 and Ibn Battuta in AD 1335.
- About Khajuraho Temples.
- What is Nagara style of architecture?
- Differences between nagara and Dravida styles?
- What are UNESCO World Heritage sites?