Topics Covered: Art and Culture.
1004th birth anniversary of Sri Ramanujacharya was observed on April 18, 2021.
About Sri Ramanujacharya:
- Born in 1017 CE in Tamil Nadu.
- He is the most respected Acharya in the philosophy of Sri Vaishnavism.
- He was also referred to as Ilaya Perumal which means the radiant one.
- His philosophical foundations for devotionalism were influential to the Bhakti movement.
- He is famous as the chief proponent of Vishishtadvaita subschool of Vedānta.
- He wrote influential texts, such as bhāsya on the Brahma Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita, all in Sanskrit.
What is Vishishtadvaita?
- It is a non-dualistic school of Vedanta philosophy. It is non-dualism of the qualified whole, in which Brahman alone exists, but is characterized by multiplicity.
- It can be described as qualified monism or qualified non-dualism or attributive monism.
- It is a school of Vedanta philosophy which believes in all diversity subsuming to an underlying unity.
- About Sri Ramanujacharya.
- About Advaita Philosophy.
- About Bhakti movement.
Differentiate between Dvaita and Advaita schools of philosophy.