Topic: Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing. Land reforms in India.
5. Discuss the need and challenges of digitization of land records in India. (250 words)
Reference: The Print
Why the question:
The question is based on the theme of digitization of land records in India.
Key Demand of the question:
Account for the need and challenges of digitization of land records in India.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with what is digitisation of land records and its general importance. Digitization of land records was introduced to computerize all land record to have greater transparency in land records maintenance system. It is not just important for record keeping, but extremely important for the welfare of farmers and to further expedite the process of land reforms.
The answer body must have the following aspects covered:
- Introduce the answer with the importance and need for land digitization.
- Discuss the challenges in digitization of land records.
- Present the policies and programs by the government in this direction. Present case study of States that have successfully carried digitisation of land records.
- Conclude on the basis of above points.
In order to successfully, digitize and modernize land records, several changes in existing laws that govern registration and transfer of land will be required, keeping in mind problems of the poor and the gendered aspect of land ownership.