Topics Covered: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Tomar king Anangpal II:
The government has recently formed a committee to popularise the legacy of 11th-century Tomar king, Anangpal II.
Who was Anangpal II?
- Belonged to the Tomar dynasty that ruled parts of present-day Delhi and Haryana between the 8th and 12th centuries.
- Anangpal Tomar II was succeeded by his grandson Prithviraj Chauhan, who was defeated by the Ghurid forces in the Battle of Tarain (present-day Haryana) after which the Delhi Sultanate was established in 1192.
- The Tomar dynasty shifted its capital in the 8th century), to Dhillikapuri (Delhi) during the reign of Anangpal II.
- He gave Delhi its present name and also repopulated it.
- He built Lal Kot fort and Anangtal Baoli.
- About Tomar Kingdom.
- Important Kings and their contributions.
- Their capitals.
- Important battles and outcomes.
Sources: Indian Express.