Topics Covered: Economics of animal rearing.
The Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched a unified portal on the government’s ‘Gobardhan’ scheme.
- Farmers can earn Rs 1 lakh cr in 5 yrs from Jal Shakti ministry’s Gobardhan scheme, says govt.
About the Scheme:
The Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (GOBAR-DHAN) scheme is implemented under the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin-Phase 2, by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Jal Shakti ministry.
- It was launched in 2018.
- The scheme aims to augment income of farmers by converting biodegradable waste into compressed biogas (CBG).
- The initiative aims at attracting entrepreneurs for establishing community-based CBG plants in rural areas.
Benefits of the scheme:
- Helpful for the country as India is home to the highest cattle population in the world, close to 300 million in number, with a daily output of 3 million tonnes of dung.
- Encourage farmers to consider dung and other waste not just as a waste but as a source of income.
- Benefits to the rural people. It will be easier to keep the village clean and sanitized, livestock health will improve and farm yields will increase.
- Increase self-reliance in energy utilized for cooking and lighting.
- Provides a stable fuel supply in the market for oil companies and accessible credit in the market through government schemes and banks for entrepreneurs.
- About the Scheme.
- Key features.
- What is Compressed Biogas?
- What is Swacch Bharat Mission?
Discuss the significance of Gobar Dhan Scheme.