Topics Covered: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
Netaji’s birth anniversary to be celebrated as ‘Parakram Divas’:
The Union Culture Ministry has announced that January 23, birth anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose, would be celebrated as “Parakram Divas”, day of courage, every year.
- 2021 will be 125th birth anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose.
About Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose:
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose had announced the establishment of the provisional government of Azad Hind in occupied Singapore in
- Known as Arzi Hukumat-e-Azad Hind, it was supported by the Axis powers of Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, the Italian Social Republic, and their allies.
- He had launched a struggle to free India from British rule under the banner of the provisional government-in exile during the latter part of the Second World War.
- Under his provisional government, the Indians living abroad had been united.
- Under the provisional government, Bose was the head of the state, the prime minister and the minister for war and foreign affairs.
- Subhash Chandra Bose was twice elected President of the Indian National Congress, (1938-Haripur and 1939-Tripuri).
- He resigned from the Congress Presidentship in 1939 and organised the All India Forward Bloc a faction within the Congress in Bengal.
- Bose and INA.
- Bose and the Indian National Congress.
- Formation of Azad Hind Government.
- Distribution of various portfolios.
Write a note on Azad Hind Government.
Sources: the Hindu.