Topics Covered: Issues related to health.
Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT:
PM Modi to launch the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) SEHAT scheme for the residents of Jammu and Kashmir.
About the Scheme:
- SEHAT scheme stands for Social, Endeavour for Health and Telemedicine, a health insurance scheme for the Union Territory.
- The Scheme provides free of cost insurance cover to all the residents of the UT of J&K.
- It provides financial cover up to Rs.5 Lakh per family on a floater basis to all residents of the UT of J&K.
- It provides for an operational extension of PM-JAY to 15 lakh (approximately) additional families.
About PM- JAY:
- The PM-JAY, world’s largest health insurance/assurance scheme fully financed by the government, provides a cover of Rs 500,000 per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
- The benefit of Rs 5,00,000 is on a family floater basis, which means that it can be used by one or all members of the family.
- It covers medical procedures such as oncology, cardiology, nephrology etc and up to three days of pre-hospitalisation and 15 days post-hospitalisation expenses such as diagnostics and medicines are also included in the scheme.
- Components of Ayushman Bharat.
- PMJAY- Key features.
- About the National Health Agency.
- SEHAT scheme.
Discuss the significance and potential of PMJAY.