Topics Covered: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
Skill India undertakes Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for workers under Department of Panchayati Raj in Chandauli and Varanasi.
- The programme is being implemented under SANKALP Programme of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- The implementing agency for the programme is National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
About 70% of our country’s population resides in rural India and hence the inclusion of gram panchayats is crucial for the success of District Skill Development Plans and will provide a huge fillip to the Skill India Mission.
- Through RPL, the aim is to align the competencies of the pre-existing workforce of the country to the standardized framework.
- Certification builds confidence, brings respect and provides recognition to the candidates, it has the potential to make skills aspirational.
- Supporting formalization of the informal learning of youth will supplement their efforts in finding sustainable livelihood opportunities and reduce inequalities based on privileging certain forms of knowledge over others.
What is RPL?
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) programme recognizes the value of learning acquired outside a formal setting and provides a government certificate for an individual’s skills.
- Candidates receive exposure to concepts of digital and financial literacy and an accidental insurance coverage for three years at free of cost.
- No fee is charged from a candidate for participating in the RPL program and every successfully certified candidate will receive INR 500.
- This initiative is part of a larger programme on ‘Skill Development Planning at the level of ‘Gram Panchayat’ that focuses on introducing Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in a structured manner in GPs of various districts across the country.
- What is RPL?
- What is SANKALP?
- About PMKVY.
- About NSDC.
Discuss the significance of RPL scheme.