Topic : Pressure and Global Pressure belts, Winds, Planetary winds, Seasonal winds, Local winds
2. How climate change influences the pattern of the planetary winds? Have these winds become stronger across all major latitudes? Or it has led to their uneven pattern? Examine. (250 words)
Reference: World physical geography by G C Leong
Why the question:
The question is from the static portions of GS paper I, portion geography.
Key Demand of the question:
Explain in what way climate change influences the pattern of the planetary winds and analyse if these winds become stronger across all major latitudes? Or it has led to their uneven pattern.
Examine – When asked to ‘Examine’, we must look into the topic (content words) in detail, inspect it, investigate it and establish the key facts and issues related to the topic in question. While doing so we should explain why these facts and issues are important and their implications.
Structure of the answer:
Define what planetary winds are.
The answer body must discuss the following aspects in detail –
- The influence of climate change on the patterns of the planetary winds.
- Discuss the recent trends with suitable examples across the world.
- Analyse if these winds have become stronger across all major latitudes or he winds have disturbed their patterns in a specific way.
- Suggest what needs to be done to overcome the effect of climate change on these wind patterns.
Give your opinion with suitable substantiation.