Day – 50
1. You are the team lead in an IT company handling a multi-crore project. You have been grooming one of your team members since she has shown utmost dedication and sincerity towards her work. She also possesses considerable managerial skills in your team. However, in the project that you are handling she made a mistake that caused considerable loss to your company. Upon further inquiry on the issue, you were able to find out that the mistake committed by her was unintentional. Since the issue has caused considerable damage to your company. You’re duty bound to report the matter to higher management for further actions. However, you feel doing so would definitely mean the end of her promising career in your company.
In this context, answer the following questions:
- What are the ethical challenges for you in this situation?
- Discuss the options available to you in this situation by carefully examining their pros and cons
- What course of action will you take in this situation? Justify the reason for your action
2. You have been given the responsibility of conducting seminars in select government departments on how better to implement Right to Information Act. It’s your usual habit to analyze the way the act is being implemented in the government departments where you are entrusted with the task of conducting the seminar. In one such government department, you found out that the officers are not implementing the right to information act in the right spirit by creating unnecessary hurdles for the applicants. The officers in this department believe right to information act is a hindrance for them in performing their duties in a timely manner. This perception is based on the fact that their department has the best track record in disposing of the government assigned duties to them in a timely manner.
In this context answer the following questions.
- Discuss in an elaborate manner on how you would conduct a seminar to ensure that these officers implement the right to information act in a timely manner
- Illustrate by giving at least three examples on how Right to Information Act has positively impacted the lives of common people in Indian society