Topics Covered: Storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers.
Mega Food Park:
Mega Food Park inaugurated in Punjab.
About Mega Food Parks scheme:
Ministry of Food Processing Industries is implementing Mega Food Park Scheme in the country since 2008.
It aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers.
- Significance: These food parks give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with particular focus on perishables.
- Funding: A maximum grant of Rs 50 crore is given for setting up a MFP, in minimum 50 acres of contiguous land with only 50% contribution to the total project cost.
Implemented by a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) which is a Body Corporate registered under the Companies Act.
State Government, State Government entities and Cooperatives are not required to form a separate SPV for implementation of Mega Food Park project.
- Subject to fulfillment of the conditions of the Scheme Guidelines, the funds are released to the SPVs.
- Functional Mega Food Parks in India.
- First Mega Food Park.
- Which ministry administers the scheme.
- Mizoram’s first mega food park.
- Funding under the scheme.
Write a note on the significance of Mega Food Parks scheme.