Topics Covered: Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential.
What is it?
iRAD stands for Integrated Road Accident Database Project.
The primary purpose of IRAD is to enhance road safety.
Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) and will be implemented by the National Informatics Centre.
How does it work?
- The IRAD mobile application will enable police personnel to enter details about a road accident, along with photos and videos, following which a unique ID will be created for the incident.
- Subsequently, an engineer from the Public Works Department or the local body will receive an alert on his mobile device.
- He or she will then visit the accident site, examine it, and feed the required details, such as the road design.
- Data thus collected will be analysed by a team at IIT-M, which will then suggest if corrective measures in road design need to be taken.
- Road users will also be able to upload data on road accidents on a separate mobile application.
- The app has been developed and launched by?
- About National Informatics Centre.
- How it works?
Discuss the key features of iRAD App.