Topics Covered: Citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
Jammu and Kashmir Integrated Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (JK-IGRAMS):
- Launched on pilot basis for Jammu, Srinagar, and Reasi districts.
- The system will replace the current portal launched by the government in 2018.
- This is the first UT that will be linked to the central government system—CPGRAMS.
- Deputy Commissioners have been placed at the primary level for receiving, disposing of and monitoring grievances, the J&K administration.
- All SPs and DCs will be made available at designated times five days a week. They will be available in their offices and anyone can go and meet them.
The move comes at a time when a sense of disconnection and alienation has been growing among the people, especially in the Kashmir Valley, which has remained on edge ever since J&K’s special status was revoked last year.
What is the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).?
Developed by National Informatics Centre (Ministry of Electronics & IT [MeitY]), in association with Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
The underlying idea was to receive, redress and monitor the grievances of the public.
Launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
- The CPGRAMS provides the facility to lodge a grievance online from any geographical location.
- It enables the citizen to track online the grievance being followed up with Departments concerned and also enables DARPG to monitor the grievance.
- The procedure includes designating a senior officer as the Director of Grievances/Grievance officer in every office to ensure that the system remains accessible, simple, quick, fair and responsive, and fixing the time limit for disposal of work relating to public grievances and staff grievances.
- What is CPGRAMS?
- Developed by?
- Key features.
- First UT to be linked with CPGRAMS in India.
Discuss the key features of CPGRAMS.
Sources: the Hindu.