Topics Covered: Conservation related issues.
Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF) 2.0:
Launched recently by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
What is CSCAF?
- CSCAF initiative intends to inculcate a climate-sensitive approach to urban planning and development in India.
- The objective of CSCAF is to provide a clear roadmap for cities towards combating Climate Change while planning and implementing their actions, including investments.
- The Climate Centre for Cities under National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is supporting MoHUA in implementation of CSCAF.
The framework has 28 indicators across five categories namely:
- Energy and Green Buildings.
- Urban Planning, Green Cover & Biodiversity.
- Mobility and Air Quality.
- Water Management.
- Waste Management.
- CSCAF has been launched by?
- Overview of the Framework.