Topics Covered: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP):
Why in News?
SVEP has made an impressive progress and has extended business support services and capital infusion to 153 blocks of 23 states as of August 2020.
- Around, 2,000 trained cadre of Community Resource Person-Enterprise Promotion (CRP-EP) are providing services to rural entrepreneurs and as on August 2020, around 100,000 enterprises are supported by them.
What is Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP)?
Implemented by Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana –National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development, as a sub-scheme since 2016.
Focus of the scheme: Providing self-employment opportunities with financial assistance and training in business management and soft skills while creating local community cadres for promotion of enterprises.
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad is the technical support partner of SVEP.
- SVEP promotes both individual and group enterprises, set-up and promote enterprises majorly on manufacturing, trading and service sectors.
Who are community resource persons – enterprise promotion?
The programme seeks to develop pool of community resource persons – enterprise promotion (CRP-EP) who are local and support entrepreneurs setting-up rural enterprises.
- The CRP-EPs are certified and provides business support services to the entrepreneurs.
- About SVEP.
- It is a sub scheme under?
- Implementing Ministry?
- Focus of the Programme.
- Does it cover group enterprises?
- Who are CRP-EPs?
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana –National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)- targets.
Discuss the key features and significance of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana –National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).