Topics Covered: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
“Chunauti”- Next Generation Start-up Challenge Contest:
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched “Chunauti”- Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest.
Aims and Objectives:
- To further boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of India.
- Identify around 300 startups working in identified areas and provide them seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh and other facilities.
Under this challenge the Ministry of Electronics and IT will invite startups in the following areas of work:
- Edu-Tech, Agri-Tech & Fin-Tech Solutions for masses.
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Management.
- Infrastructure & Remote monitoring.
- Medical Healthcare, Diagnostic, Preventive & Psychological Care.
- Jobs & Skilling, Linguistic tools & technologies.
Benefits for the selected startups:
- The startups selected will be provided various support from the Government through Software Technology Parks of India centers across India.
- They will get incubation facilities, mentorship, security testing facilities, access to venture capitalist funding, industry connect as well as advisories in legal, Human Resource (HR), IPR and Patent matters.
- Besides seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh, the startups will also be provided cloud credits from leading cloud service providers.
- Each intern (start-up under pre-incubation) will be paid Rs. 10,000/- per month upto a period of 6 months.