Topics Covered: Conservation related issues.
Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) – Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA):
NITI Aayog has launched the India Component of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)–Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA).
About NDC- TIA:
It is a joint programme, supported by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
- It aims to promote a comprehensive approach to decarbonize transport in India, Vietnam, and China.
- It is implemented by a consortium of seven other organisations.
- On behalf of the Government of India, NITI Aayog will be the implementing partner.
The NDC-TIA programme has a duration of 4 years.
It will allow India and other partner countries to achieve accountable long-term targets by making a sectoral contribution through various interventions, coordinated with a large number of stakeholders in the domain.
- This will contribute towards achieving their NDCs and increasing their ambition in the transport sector of 2025 NDCs.
Need for such initiatives:
- India has a massive and diverse transport sector that caters to the needs of billion people.
- It has the world’s second-largest road network, which contributes to maximum greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through all means of transportation.
- With increasing urbanisation, the fleet size i.e. the number of sales of vehicles is increasing rapidly.
- It is projected that the total number of vehicles will be doubled by 2030.
- What are Green House Gases?
- About the NDC-TIA programme.
- Implementation of the programme.
Write a note on the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) – Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA).