Topics Covered: e-technology in the aid of farmers.
Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare virtually launched the Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research & Education System -Cloud Infrastructure and Services).
What is it?
- Krishi Megh is the data recovery centre of ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research).
- Krishi Megh has been set up under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP).
- The data recovery centre has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), Hyderabad.
Significance and benefits of Krishi Megh:
- Built to mitigate the risk, enhance the quality, availability and accessibility of e-governance, research, extension and education in the field of agriculture in India.
- Krishi Megh is equipped with the latest artificial intelligence and deep learning software for building and deploying of deep learning-based applications through image analysis, disease identification in livestock, etc.
- It enables the farmers, researchers, students and policymakers to be more equipped with the updated and latest information regarding agriculture and research.
National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP):
The project is funded by both the government of India and the World Bank.
The overall objective of the project is to provide more relevant and high-quality education to the agricultural university students that is in tune with the New Education Policy – 2020.
- Funding and objective of the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP).
- What is Krishi Megh?
- Where the data centre has been set up?
- About ICAR- formation, functions and important schemes.
Discuss the features and significance of Krishi Megh.