Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Rewa solar project

Topics Covered: Infrastructure- energy.

Rewa solar project

Inaugurated recently by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it is Asia’s largest 750 MW solar power project.

It is located at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh.

  • The Solar Park was developed by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL), a Joint Venture Company of Madhya Pradesh UrjaVikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN), and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a Central Public Sector Undertaking.


The Rewa Project has been acknowledged in India and abroad for its robust project structuring and innovations.

  1. Its payment security mechanism for reducing risks to power developers has been recommended as a model to other States by MNRE. 
  2. It has also received World Bank Group President’s Award for innovation and excellence and was included in the book “A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings” released by Prime Minister.
  3. The project is also the first renewable energy project to supply to an institutional customer outside the State,e. Delhi Metro, which will get 24% of energy from the project with remaining 76% being supplied to the State DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
  4. The Project also exemplifies India’s commitment to attain the target of 175 GW of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100 GW of Solar installed capacity.

Sources: pib.