Context: To foster the inclusion of LGBTQAI+ employees, Mahindra Logistics Ltd. (MLL) has unveiled a five-year plan which aims at hiring queer people and extending benefits to same-sex partners.
- The policy includes adoption leave for queer workers.
- Same-sex partners shall be eligible for 12-week adoption leave, starting from the date of the adoption.
- Benefits under the existing medical insurance shall be extended to same-sex partners on declaration of their partner’s details.
- The company’s definition of compassionate leave — which can be availed for four days by an employee in case of death of an immediate family member — will be extended to same-sex partners.
- To make the workplace inclusive for queer employees, MLL will offer LGBTQAI+ staff counselling services on request, for them and three immediate family members, which includes their partner.
- There will be equal opportunity and non-discrimination in various processes, including recruitment, transfer, relocation, training and development, and promotion.
- Any incident of sexual harassment reported by a queer employee shall be investigated by the internal complaints committee.
- The company also seeks to bridge the gender diversity gap by hiring more women, and aims to hire more persons with disabilities.
Sources: the Hindu.