Topic: population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
1. What do you understand by knowledge- centric development? How can it be a leveler for urban and rural areas? Examine.(250 words)
Reference: Indian Express
Why this question:
The question is based on the significance of knowledge centric developments amidst current times.
Key demand of the question:
Explain what you understand by knowledge- centric development in detail and in what way it can it be a leveler for urban and rural areas.
Examine – When asked to ‘Examine’, we must look into the topic (content words) in detail, inspect it, investigate it and establish the key facts and issues related to the topic in question. While doing so we should explain why these facts and issues are important and their implications.
Structure of the answer:
Briefly define what knowledge- centric development is.
- To start with, explain the situations of the current times, its impact on urban and rural regions of the country.
- Discuss the effect of pandemic on the distress migration in the country.
- Explain the significance of Knowledge-era; explain that with technologies like additive manufacturing, internet of things, and artificial intelligence, well-trained people can address needs in both urban and rural areas from wherever they are.
- Discuss – with emphasis on capability and capacity building of rural youth in terms of holistic education, appropriate technology and enhanced livelihood, there is a possibility for a more balanced distribution of income as well as population.
Conclude that bridging the knowledge gap between a city and a village would also bridge the income gap between the two, and lead to a faster bridging of the gap between the average individual income in India and that in industrially advanced countries.