Topics covered: Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
Online training platform- iGOT
What to study?
For Prelims: Key features of iGOT.
For Mains: Need for and significance of iGOT, concerns surrounding protection of frontline workers, ways to address them.
Context: The Department of Personnel and Training launches online training platform- iGOT in the fight against COVID-19. The platform is called iGOT — Integrated Government Online Training.
What is it for?
It offers online training for doctors, nurses, paramedics, hygiene workers, technicians, Auxiliary Nursing Midwives (ANMS), central & state govt. officers, civil defence officials, various police organisations, National Cadet Corps (NCC), Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), National Service Scheme (NSS), Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS), Bharat Scouts & Guides (BSG) and other volunteers to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key features of the platform:
- It is set to be hosted on the Human Resources Development Ministry’s DIKSHA platform.
- The iGOT platform delivers curated, role-specific content, to each learner at their place of work or home and to any device of their choice.
The platform currently hosts nine courses on topics like:
- Basics of COVID.
- ICU Care and Ventilation Management.
- Clinical Management, Infection Prevention through PPE.
- Infection Control and Prevention.
- Quarantine and Isolation.
- Laboratory Sample Collection and Testing.
- Management of COVID 19 Cases.
- COVID 19 Training.
Need for and significance of this platform:
India’s first line of workers are already engaged in COVID-19 relief. But “a larger force will be needed to replace the first line” and to deal with “exponential or geometric increase” in COVID-19 positive cases in the subsequent stages of the pandemic.
Hence, the platform can be useful to combat COVID-19 for all front-line workers and equip them with the training and updates in coping with the pandemic. It provides a one-stop source to learn about critical areas and update their knowledge and capacity.
What is Diksha portal?
- DIKSHA Portal is an initiative of HRD ministry for providing a digital platform to teacher to make their lifestyle more digital.
- Diksha portal launched with a tagline “National Digital Infrastructures for Our Teacher Our Teacher”.
- The portal will consist the whole teacher’s life cycle – from the time they were enrolled as student teachers in Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) to after they retire as teachers.
- Teacher can learn and train themselves for which assessment resources will be available.
- It will help teachers boost their teaching skills and create their own profile with their skills and knowledge.
- When and who launched Diksha portal?
- Targeted groups of iGOT and Diksha.
- Who are frontline workers in COVID 19 context?
Discuss the features and significance of an Online training platform- iGOT launched recently by the Government of India.