Topic: Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
3. A dysfunctional judicial delivery system is a serious impediment to establishing the rule of law in our nation. Examine the statement in the context of the problem of case pendency and judicial vacancies in India.(250 words)
Reference: Indian polity by Lakshmikant
Why this question:
The question examines the factors that have let the Indian judiciary system remain a dysfunctional system of justice delivery.
Key demand of the question:
Present the case of the problem of case pendency and judicial vacancies in India, explain how it renders the entire system to be dysfunctional and marred with problems.
Examine – When asked to ‘Examine’, we must look into the topic (content words) in detail, inspect it, investigate it and establish the key facts and issues related to the topic in question. While doing so we should explain why these facts and issues are important and their implications.
Structure of the answer:
Briefly explain why ours is a dysfunctional judicial delivery system.
- Bring out the facts to present the current picture of judiciary.
- Mention the important issues related to dysfunctional judicial system and explain the reason behind the problem of case pendency and judicial vacancies.
- Present recent examples highlighting the above scenario.
- Provide the probable solutions to deal with the problem.
Conclude with suitable suggestions and solutions to address the issue.