Topics Covered: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
The Mineral Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020
What to study?
For Prelims: Key provisions.
For Mains: Key changes introduced and their significance.
Context: The Bill was recently passed by the Parliament.
This was covered recently on:
- Major vs minor minerals, their regulation.
- Grant of permission for mining various minerals.
- New mining targets set by the government.
- FDI in mining.
- Important minerals, their distribution in India, import and export of coal.
- District Mineral Foundation.
Discuss the significance of the Mineral Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
Sources: the Hindu.