Topics Covered: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
What to study?
For Prelims: About Kiliki language, and IMLD.
For Mains: Significance and measures for protection.
Context: On International Mother Language Day (February 21), an official website of KiLiKi language has been launched.
About Kiliki language:
The new speech was invented for the terrifying warrior tribe called Kalakeya in the two-part Baahubali franchise. It now has evolved into a language with script grammar and more than 3000 words for everyday communication. It is considered as the world’s easiest language. This fictional language was created by popular lyricist and screenwriter Madhan Karky.
About International Mother Language Day:
- Observed every year on 21st February since 2000 to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
- The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day was the initiative of Bangladesh.
- It was approved at the UNESCO General Conference (1999) and has been observed throughout the world since 2000.
- The United Nations General Assembly had proclaimed 2008 as the International Year of Languages.
- The Ministry of Human Resource and Development along with educational institutions and language institutions is celebrating the day as the Matribhasha Diwas in the country.
Sources: the Hindu.