Topic: Appointment to various constitutional posts, powers, functions and Responsibilities of various Constitutional bodies.
2. Discuss the significance of electoral literacy for a stronger democracy. (250 words)
Reference: News On Air
Why this question:
Recently 10th National Voters Day was celebrated to mark the Foundation Day of Election Commission of India.
Key demand of the question:
Discuss in detail the importance of electoral literacy for a stronger democracy.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with the fact that the theme for NVD 2020 was ‘Electoral Literacy for Stronger Democracy’ reiterating the commitment of the Election Commission
Of India towards electoral literacy for all to ensure maximum participation and informed and ethical voting.
- Narrate first upon the significant role played by Election commission in ensuring strong electoral system.
- Explain why electoral literacy is the key to the system?
- Discuss the efforts made the election commission so far.
- Take hints from the article and highlight the importance of electoral literacy.
Conclude with way forward.