Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present.
2. Discuss the contributions of Ashfaqullah Khan in the Indian freedom struggle with special focus on his contributions to Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses in detail the contributions of Ashfaqullah Khan as Recently, Uttar Pradesh government has announced that it will build a 121-acre zoo named after Ashfaqullah Khan.
Key demand of the question:
Discuss in detail the contributions of Ashfaqullah Khan in the Indian freedom struggle.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with dew key facts related to Ashfaqullah Khan.
Comment on the aspects such as –
- Ashfaqulla Khan (1900 – 1927) was a freedom fighter in the Indian independence movement.He was born in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1920,Mahatma Gandhi had launched his Non-cooperation movement against the British rule in India.
- But after the Chauri Chaura incident in 1922,Mahatma Gandhi decided to withdraw the call for this movement.
- At that point, many young people including Ashfaqulla Khan became revolutionaries and turned to organisations like Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.
- Discuss his contributions to Kakori case.
Conclude with significance of such a heroic personality.