Topic: India and its neighbourhood- relations.
3. India’s concept of Indo-Pacific is inclusive and across oceans. Discuss (250 words)
Why this question:
Indo Pacific is one of the new concepts and approaches thrown up by the changing world. It is a multipolar region, contributing more than half of the world’s GDP and population. The acceptance of the Indo-Pacific as a single strategic construct linking the contiguous waters of the western Pacific and the Indian Ocean has gained currency in the last few years with the shift in the geopolitical center of gravity to this region.
Key demand of the question:
The question wants us to write in detail about India’s approach in the Indo-Pacific region, the significance of Indo-pacific region for India, the challenges faced and the way forward.
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Structure of the answer:
write a few introductory lines about the Indo-Pacific region.
Firstly, discuss in brief about the significance of Indo-pacific region.
Explain how India’s approach towards Indo-pacific has been an inclusive one.
- Open, integrated and balanced approach.
- India has emphasized on a few major aspects which reflect India’s policy perspective on Indo-Pacific, which included “inclusiveness”, “openness”, “ASEAN centrality” and that the concept was not directed against any country.
- The focus of the Indo Pacific initiative is on connectivity, enhancing maritime security, counterterrorism, non-proliferation and cyber issues
- The government has introduced the concept of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region) and believes in an Indo-Pacific that is free, open and inclusive, and one that is founded upon a cooperative and collaborative rules-based order.
- India is also trying to make innovative use of trade and diplomacy as its strategic arsenals.
- And so on.
Mention the challenges/concerns faced.
What are the measures to overcome the same?
based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.