- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
What to study?
For Prelims and mains: Key features and significance.
Context: TechSagar, national repository of India’s cyber tech capabilities launched.
Launched by: National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office in partnership with Data Security Council (DSCI) of India.
What is TechSagar?
- It is a platform to discover India’s technological capability through a portal.
- It is a consolidated and comprehensive repository of India’s cyber tech capabilities which provides actionable insights about capabilities of the Indian Industry, academia and research across 25 technology areas like internet of things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), blockchain, cloud & virtualisation, robotics & automation, ar/vr, wireless & networking, and more.
- The portal will list business and research entities from the IT industry, startups, academia, and individual researchers.
- The repository will facilitate new opportunities for businesses and academia to collaborate, connect and innovate in future.
- TechSagar will allow targeted search, granular navigation and drill down methods using more than 3000 niche capabilities. As of now, the repository features 4000+ entities from industry, academia and research including large enterprises and start-ups providing a country level view of India’s cyber competencies.
Data Security Council of India (DSCI), is a not-for-profit, industry body on data protection in India, setup by NASSCOM.
- It is committed to making the cyberspace safe, secure and trusted by establishing best practices, standards and initiatives in cyber security and privacy.
- To further its objectives, DSCI engages with governments and their agencies, regulators, industry sectors, industry associations and think tanks for policy advocacy, thought leadership, capacity building and outreach activities.