Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
4) In wake of PM’s ongoing visit to US, critically discuss the current INDO-US relations and examine how it is a great opportunity to “reaffirm the strategic partnership” between the two countries.(250 words)
Why this question:
Howdy, Modi became one of the most anticipated global events of 2019 where Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed over 50,000 attendees during his US visit in Houston, Texas.
Key demand of the question:
One has to bring out the changing trends in Indo-US ties and in what way they affirm the changing strategic partnership between the two countries.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In brief narrate the background of the question.
Explain the following aspects of the event:
- This is an Indian community event.
- It was hosted by Texas India Forum (TIF).
- The American President Donald Trump joined PM Modi at the Howdy Modi event to reaffirm the strategic partnership between the world’s largest and oldest democracies.
- TIF said that Howdy Modi was the largest gathering for an invited foreign leader visiting the US other than the Pope.
Conclude with significance of strategic partnership between the two countries.