- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
‘Build for Digital India’ programme
What to study?
For Prelims and mains: Key features and significance of the programme.
Context: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Google have signed a statement of intent to roll-out ‘Build for Digital India’ programme.
Key features of the programme:
- The programme will give engineering students a platform to develop market-ready, technology-based solutions that address key social problems.
- Applicants will take part in online and offline learning opportunities on key technologies such as machine learning, cloud and android.
- These will be offered through Google’s Developer Student Club network and other Google Developer networks.
- Google will also offer mentorship sessions in product design, strategy and technology to the most promising products and prototypes.
This initiative will motivate college students across India to innovate and produce some good technology solutions for major social challenges of India.
The programme will provide great exposure to students in dealing with real world problems and develop deeper understanding of how newer technologies can be used to solve them.
Advanced new technologies such as machine learning and AI can help address at scale some of the toughest social challenges that India faces today.