- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
National Youth Awards
What to study?
For prelims and mains: About the awards- criteria and other related key facts.
Context: National Youth Awards for excellent work and contribution in different fields of development and social service were recently conferred.
About the National Youth Award:
- The awards are conferred on individuals (aged between 15-29 years) and organizations for excellent work and contribution in different fields of development and social service, such as health, promotion of human rights, active citizenship, community service etc.
- The awards are given by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Department of Youth Affairs.
- The Objective is to motivate young persons to achieve excellence in the field of national development and social service, to encourage young people to develop a sense of responsibility to the community and thus to improve their own personal potential as good citizens and to give recognition to the outstanding work done by voluntary organizations working with the youth for national development including social service.
- The individual award comprises of a medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-. The award to a youth organisation includes a medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 2,00,000/-.